South Dakota Chapter SWCS
COMMITTEE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
1. Receive and recognize special memorial contributions given to the chapter.
2. Solicit contributions to the Hugh Hammond Bennett Endowment Fund.
3. Inform chapter members and the general public of SWCS Scholarship Fund and chapter programs available for memorial contributions.
COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK SCHEDULE:
1. Chair hold committee meetings and/or use other communication means to plan and coordinate Memorial Committee activities.
2. Serve as chapter representative for receiving memorial contributions to chapter and/or parent Society endowment funds or other designated programs. Forward contributions and memorial identification to appropriate chapter or parent Society treasurer.
3. Send letters of receipt and appreciation to memorial contributors on behalf of the chapter. (See Attachment A.)
4. Recommend to the chapter membership and/or board of directors the disposition of all memorial contributions that have not been designated for a specific purpose by the contributor.
5. Utilize and distribute, as determined by the committee, chapter and parent Society memorial cards/brochures to attract memorial contributions.
6. Develop/carry out campaigns to encourage chapter members to make or secure contributions to the Hugh Hammond Bennett Endowment Fund, a recognized special foundation program of the parent Society.
7. Utilize available brochures and pledge cards as promotional materials.
8. Seek board of directors' approval for tasks and projects that require special chapter funds and/or a concerted effort by the membership.
9. Submit committee annual operating budget needs to the board of directors no later than the last board of directors' meeting of the calendar year.
10. Be alert to memorial foundation program opportunities and promotional materials offered by the parent Society for consideration by the committee and/or board of directors.
11. Keep abreast of growth and fund levels of chapter scholarship fund investments and parent Society endowment funds for committee and board of directors' information purposes.
12. Utilize a record card or computerized system of documenting memorial contributions received by the chapter for committee recordkeeping purposes. (Name, address, memorial category, memorial amount and date of contribution.) Work with treasurer to keep records up to date.
13. Prepare and present, as appropriate: committee activity reports at quarterly scheduled board of directors' meetings. If chair or a committee member is unable to attend, submit a written activities report to your division director before the meeting.
14. Develop and submit a minimum of one news article each year to the chapter newsletter editor according to newsletter calendar to inform the membership of special committee activities and/or memorial programs available.
15. Keep detailed records of committee contacts, activities, and results to strengthen future committee plans and strategies.
16. Prepare and present a final written report of committee activities and accomplishments at the chapter's annual business meeting.
1. The chair is selected and appointed each year by the chapter president.
2. Additional committee members may be selected and appointed by the committee chair after consultation with the chapter president board of directors. Select committee members from two or more divisions.
3. All committee members must agree to serve before being appointed.