South Dakota Chapter SWCS
LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
1 . Advance the goals and objectives of the chapter through strategic planning.
2. Develop specific proposals for identified long-term chapter needs and interests.
3. Solicit chapter development ideas from the membership.
4. Analyze strengths and weaknesses of the chapter.
COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK SCHEDULE:
1. The committee chair shall hold committee meetings, as appropriate, to formulate proposals for identified chapter development needs for future chapter activities, projects, and/or committee proposals. (See Attachment A.)
Prepare and evaluate a list of strengths and weaknesses of the chapter for use in developing committee proposals.
2. Conduct informal or special formal membership surveys as determined appropriate by the committee to learn of member interests, concerns, and/or skills. (Request board of directors' approval for formal survey and questionnaire mailings.)
3. Submit committee annual operating budget needs to the board of directors for consideration and approval no later than the last board of directors' meeting of the calendar year.
4. Be alert to new program, project, or operating service opportunities offered by the parent Society for consideration by the committee and/or board of directors.
5. Prepare and present, as appropriate, committee activity reports at quarterly scheduled board of directors' meetings. If chair or a committee member is unable to attend, submit a written report to your division director prior to the meeting.
6. Develop and submit a minimum of one news article each year to the chapter newsletter editor according to the newsletter calendar to inform the chapter membership of committee proposals (brief outline) that will be presented at the annual business meeting.
7. Prepare and present a written report of committee activities including proposals at the chapter annual business
1. The chair shall be the past president.
2. Additional committee members are selected and appointed by the committee chair after consultation with the chapter president and the board of directors.
3. The chair and committee selection should include one or more members who have previously served as a chapter officer or a member of the board of directors.
4. All committee members must agree to serve before being appointed.