South Dakota Chapter SWCS
STUDENT CHAPTER ADVISOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 . Serves a one-year appointment as a voting member of the board of directors. Can be re-appointed. Must be a parent chapter member.
2. Attends regular and special board of directors' meetings and the annual business meeting.
3. Carries out an advisory role for the student chapter.
4. Represents the needs, concerns, and interests of the student membership at chapter board of directors and annual business meetings.
5. Serves as official representative between the student chapter/parent chapter and college administration.
6. Works closely with the board of directors in helping develop an annual chapter program and budget plan.
7. Arranges for the student chapter to submit at least one news article to the parent chapter newsletter annually according to the newsletter calendar. This will inform the parent chapter membership of the student chapter's activities.
8. Works closely with the student chapter officers, committees, and membership at regular meetings. Serves as an advisor to help conduct business, plan activities, and implement projects.
9. Counsels student members interested in resource conservation and wanting assistance in selecting a course of study.
10. Promotes activities that acquaint student members of career opportunities in resource conservation fields.
11. Promotes the development and advancement of college curricula in soil and water conservation and related sciences.
12. Encourages students who are enrolled in an accredited college and majoring in natural resource disciplines to join the student chapter.
13. Develops and maintains an updated directory of student chapter members, including name, home address, and
major course of study. Submits a copy to the chapter president, the membership committee chair, and the newsletter
editor annually for information and archival record purposes.
14. Reports student chapter activities at board of directors' meetings. If unable to attend, submits a written report to division director prior to the meeting.