South Dakota Chapter SWCS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves a two-year term as an elected and voting member of the board of directors. May be re-appointed for an additional two-year term.
2. Attends regular and special board of directors' meetings and the annual business meeting.
3. Represents the needs, concerns, and interests of the chapter members in the elected division.
4. Works closely with the officers in helping develop an annual chapter program and budget plan.
5. Maintains liaison with and provides guidance to committee chairs within the elected division.
6. Assists the chapter president in identifying and selecting chapter members to serve on standing and special committees, as needed.
7. Calls for annual reports from committee chairs as directed by the chapter president.
8. Helps carry out chapter operations and services, i.e., distribution of appropriate committee position descriptions, forms, supplies, and other informational materials to committee chairs within the elected division.
9. Helps organize and plan the chapter's annual business meeting as directed by the chapter president.
10. Organizes and plans the chapter's annual community service/social activity.
11. Serves on the annual meeting committee (and may serve as chair) when the annual meeting is hosted by the director's division.
12. Submits at least one news article annually, as assigned. In addition, provides information of interest to the chapter members to the newsletter editor for inclusion in the newsletter.
13. Clips any news articles in local newspapers relating to SWCS and submits them to the chapter president
for inclusion in the annual report.