INTERNSHIPS IN CONSERVATION
INTERNSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1. Be willing to participate in Internship Program.
2. Be currently enrolled in a South Dakota educational institution.
3. Have completed at least one full year of study (two semesters) in an accredited university, college (including tribal colleges), or technical school in South Dakota. For example, if the student graduates from high school in May of 2018 and enrolls in college in the fall of 2018 as full-time student for the 2018-19 year, the student could apply in the spring of 2020. For students enrolled in a 2-year technical school, the internship may be awarded post-graduation, based upon the time of application review and monetary disbursement.
4. Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale).
5. Be an undergraduate enrolled in an agricultural or natural science conservation related major/curriculum.
6. Show reasonable need for financial assistance.
7. Be involved in natural resource conservation activities (including leadership activities).
8. Not have received a prior SDSWCS scholarship or internship.
Past applicants have majored in agronomy,
soil science, agricultural systems technology, general
agriculture, range science, forestry, agricultural
journalism, agricultural education, biology, botany,
environmental management, horticulture, park management,
Soil and Water Conservation